POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : I have a hunch some of you may like this... : I have a hunch some of you may like this... Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:06:08 EDT (-0400)
  I have a hunch some of you may like this...
From: clipka
Date: 17 Sep 2016 13:11:23
Message: <57dd793b$1@news.povray.org>
#declare MyFrobnitz = dictionary;
#declare MyFrobnitz.Foo = 42;
#declare MyFrobnitz.Bar = "FTW!";

Need I say more?

Oh, yes, of couse:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-x.dictionary.8790760

Future plans:

- Support for an array-like syntax, e.g. `MyFrobnitz["Foo"]` (originally
intended to be the primary syntax, with the dot notation planned as a
later syntactic sugar extension, but the parser's internals got in my
way, so I decided to go for the easier part first)

- Support for initializers (if you have any suggestions for the syntax
to be used, please let me know)