POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : looks_like suggestion : Re: looks_like suggestion Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:47:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looks_like suggestion
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 12 Sep 2016 06:45:53
Message: <57d68761$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/11/2016 1:55 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 11.09.2016 um 16:23 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>
>> Looks_like works fine with parallel lights as long as you position the
>> light correctly to start off with instead of placing it at the origin
>> and then translating it at some later time.
>>
>> Unless I made a mistake.
>
> Judging from the code, I see no reason why that should make any difference.

Pulled directly from the previous version of this section:

"For point lights and spotlights you could also place the light source
and the looks_like object at the origin and translate them together
later. But for parallel lights this will not work."

Did I get it wrong? Just trying to honor what was previously mentioned!