POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : New black_hole type of 1 proposed as github pull request #86. : Re: New black_hole type of 1 proposed as github pull request #86. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:57:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New black_hole type of 1 proposed as github pull request #86.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 11 Sep 2016 07:49:35
Message: <57d544cf$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/10/2016 06:45 AM, clipka wrote:

> It is quite obvious that your contributions are currently focused on
> isosurfaces; but since warps are pattern features, which are first and
> foremost texture tools, maybe an illustration of the new warps' effect
> on textures would also be of interest ;)

Woke up this morning wondering if due your request for an example
"texture" I should remark it looks like there is no normal support
within the warp code. I am ignorant of the history here and I am not
really sure of the implications...

Does the lack of warp.cpp nomral support mean if warp {} gets used in
say a texture map the normals within any given texture in the map won't
get transformed properly?

If so, or similar, should we document this?

I did another texture on a plane where I applied the old and new types
to a traditional wood pattern but used in the textures normal and not
the pigment. The pigment is Orange, the apparent grain is due the shadows.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'newblack_hole_type1asnrm.jpg' (501 KB)

Preview of image 'newblack_hole_type1asnrm.jpg'
newblack_hole_type1asnrm.jpg