POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UberPOV small glitch? : Re: UberPOV small glitch? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV small glitch?
From: clipka
Date: 8 Sep 2016 11:33:47
Message: <57d184db@news.povray.org>
Am 08.09.2016 um 14:08 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> A pov file in latest UberPOV containing e.g.  x+y+z or max.z  shows the
> z as a black parameter instead of the violet shown by x or y.

Given how many branches I'm currently juggling in parallel, I wish
people would be more precise about that "latest" version they're using ;)

I tend to presume you're talking about one of the
1.37.1.1-alpha.8767927+av5 binaries for Windows.

Unfortunately that version doesn't come with a theory attached as to
what might be going wrong there. Although it almost certainly has to do
with the fact that the "Z_TOKEN" is the very last entry in the list of
all reserved words.

> It does not seem to influence parsing or rendering though.

I wouldn't be so sure about that just yet; not until you have thoroughly
tested it both _inside_ and _outside_ user-defined functions.