POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s : Re: Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:30:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s
From: clipka
Date: 18 Aug 2016 12:13:28
Message: <57b5dea8$1@news.povray.org>
One thing is for sure: You've seriously screwed up on the icosahedron.

Apparently you misinterpreted the positions of the individual points,
probably thinking that Phi<1, but in fact Phi>1.

Swapping the 1's and Phi's in the TwentyHedron definition gives a nice
regular icosahedron.

You also got the front top cap's ordering of points wrong. Fixing that
will give you a nicely textured mesh.

As for the union of individual triangles, I'm still working on that one;
I must confess that so far I don't really have a clue where things go wrong.