POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture testing needed : Re: Texture testing needed Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:35:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture testing needed
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Aug 2016 01:48:44
Message: <57ac11bc@news.povray.org>
Le 10/08/2016 à 21:58, clipka a écrit :
> Am 10.08.2016 um 20:32 schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:
>> El 10/08/16 a las 18:02, clipka escribió:
>>> I'm mainly concerned about unexpected parse errors, crashes, or
>>> differences in output.
>>
>>   Seems all is fine: no errors or crashes, and always identical output.
>> I tried a bunch of old scenes of mine, mostly with layered textures,
>> texture maps and some material maps.
>>
>>   Just out of curiosity... what was the reason for the refactoring?
>> Performance? Laying bed for future improvements/features?
>
> Something along the lines of the latter. The internal data structures
> for textures are a Crappy Complicated Clusterfuck(TM), which I'm
> currently untangling to get a clear picture of how it even works.

If it can help, I modeled that back in 2005.

It is unlikely to have changed, but yes, it could be simplified (if you
considers layering textures as a pattern, and you could also get ride of
the texture at the storage level, the same way material is only a SDL
container)

At that time I even considered a model for interior_texture for
different pigment & finish according to the side, but it seems I missed
a different normal per side.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'texture.png' (29 KB)