POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Cached Macros! : Re: Cached Macros! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:55:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cached Macros!
From: clipka
Date: 18 Jul 2016 04:17:28
Message: <578c9098$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.07.2016 um 21:25 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 7/14/2016 7:15 PM, clipka wrote:
>> I have now implemented a mechanism
>
> when i went to document this ... noticed syntax diagram /might/ be
> missing the term optional in a couple of places. agreed?
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:User_Defined_Macros

I guess that's a matter of philosophy: Do you want the documentation to
generally reflect the newest version (even if that's still under
development), with side notes mentioning what features aren't available
in earlier versions, or do you want the documentation to generally
reflect a well-established version, with side notes mentioning the
features added in newer version?

So far I have been following the latter approach for documenting the new
3.7.1 features, mostly because 3.7.1 hasn't even reached beta phase yet;
theoretically, any modifications since 3.7.0 are still subject to
change, and 3.7.0 is still the latest version for which we provide a
Windows installer.

But if you are significantly more comfortable with the former approach,
I can live with that as well.