POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Call for help with experimental development : Re: Call for help with experimental development Server Time
16 Apr 2024 13:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Call for help with experimental development
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 14 Jul 2016 13:16:17
Message: <5787c8e0@news.povray.org>
On 2016-07-14 14:57:39 +0000, clipka said:

> Folks,
>
> as a few of you may already have noticed, I'm currently trying to
> implement a mechanism to cache macros in memory, to speed up calls to
> macros defined in other files.
>
> While the current work-in-progress code appears to work ok on Windows,
> /something/ seems to make it fail on Unix systems, in a manner that
> puzzles me.
>
> Since I can't do much Unix debugging myself, I'd be much obliged if
> someone could pick up the glove to do some experiments with the code at
> https://github.com/c-lipka/povray/tree/refactor/iostream, and give me a
> hint or two where things may be going wrong. Otherwise I'll probably
> have to abandon this attempt to speed up parsing.

Propably not of much use:
When I compile and run the code on OSX, all scenes render fine.
Compiled with my XCode project, not making use of the make utility.

Yvo

POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net