POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange shadows under figure : Re: Strange shadows under figure Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:43:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange shadows under figure
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Jun 2016 03:19:00
Message: <576b8d64$1@news.povray.org>
On 22-6-2016 14:49, aradan.d wrote:
> Thanks, the radiosity settings were the ones that caused the weird shadows.
> Using an error bound of 1.5 makes it look really nice. I will also check the
> other suggestions and see how they work.

Alain's suggestions are very sound.

Something you may consider, even in a wip, is to use a micronormal on
the ground plane. It will not necessarily decrease radiosity artefacts
but it improves the view without to much additional render time.
Something like normal {granite 0.5 scale 0.001} for example.

--
Thomas