POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Python, subprocess, error! : Re: Python, subprocess, error! Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:05:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python, subprocess, error!
From: dick balaska
Date: 28 Apr 2016 22:05:48
Message: <5722c17c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-04-28 17:37, also sprach clipka:
> some of the core gizmos of the
> Windows command prompt (which I do consider part of the OS) still
> stubbornly refuse to recognize forward slashes as path separators.

Huh, I never considered command.com to be part of the OS.
(But I would say that it is an important part of the OS, which by
definition is part of the OS. My brain is broken.)
Also:
	C:\Users\dick>dir "/Users/dick/documents" /w
	 Volume in drive C is Windows
	 Volume Serial Number is 30E6-9CD1

	 Directory of C:\Users\dick\documents

	[.]
	[..]
	audreyad.png

> I guess I really need to learn Powershell programming.

Certainly far superior to command.com.  Before that existed, I started
with cygwin bash.  I have no reason to open a command.com shell.
Windows 10 has Ubuntu bash now.  Even less reason to learn powershell. ;)

> But yeah, backslash-only software has become rare. I guess we can thank
> the internet for that.

The internet takes full credit for that and demeans you for conceiving
that there could be otherwise.  And you're fat (or skinny).

I see backslashes:  One of the eclipse/tomcat quick fix hints is to add
C:\\home\\dick\\tomcat\\long\\path
"Argh! Seriously!?  I have to change that." -- Living half my life on
Linux, I really refuse to allow \\ in one of my text files.

> As for "ftfy": Nope, I didn't misspeak, mistype or whatever.

Sorry. Got it.

I focused on povray and python and calling one from the other and did I
mention I hate backslashes in paths?
Dick from the internet says they're evil.

--
dik