POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : animations (2 in 1) : Re: animations (2 in 1) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:48:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animations (2 in 1)
From: clipka
Date: 28 Apr 2016 20:24:56
Message: <5722a9d8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.03.2016 um 14:43 schrieb ThH:

> fractalzoom.pov rendered using the the .ini with subset...
>
> 8< snip >8
> Initial_Frame=1
> Final_Frame=60
> Initial_Clock=0
> Final_Clock=1
> Subset_Start_Frame=11
> Subset_End_Frame=30
> 8< snip >8
>
> The render output shows
>
> 8< snip >8
> Rendering frame 1 of 20
> 8< snip >8
>
> How about making it this way?
> Rendering frame 11 of 60
> or even
> Rendering frame 11 of 60 (subset frame 11 to 30)

I'll be going for

    Rendering frame 1 of 20 (#11)

Also, while I'm at it, if you use `Frame_Skip=2` (or whatever), it will
no longer go

    Rendering 1 of 20
    Rendering 3 of 20
    Rendering 5 of 20

but

    Rendering 1 of 10 (#11)
    Rendering 2 of 10 (#13)
    Rendering 3 of 10 (#15)

I think this most concisely reports the key pieces of information you
(well, a typical user at any rate) might be interested in while
rendering an animation:

- How is work progressing?
- What's the total workload?
- Which particular frame is currently being worked on?

(As a matter of fact, a corresponding new version can already be found
at https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8586521)