POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ground fog doesn't appear : Re: Ground fog doesn't appear Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:54:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ground fog doesn't appear
From: Alain
Date: 25 Apr 2016 13:23:15
Message: <571e5283$1@news.povray.org>

> Hello!
>
> I have got a problem about fog and I'm almost desperate because I don't find any
> solution.
> The problem is that the ground_fog object doesn't appear on my rendered images.
> The camera is not inside a solid object, so this should not be the problem.

Are you sure? Check the message pane after the render is completed. If
you get a warning mentioning the camera and non-hollow object, then your
camera is realy inside some object.

> I have got a few solid objects in the center, a sky_sphere object, a camera and
> a light source. Nothing special.

A sky_sphere is not an object at all, but a background feature. If your
sky_sphere is realy an object instead of a background feature, then you
need to add hollow to it.

> I also copied codes from fog-objects from similar codes that worked, but also
> that did not help.
> Maybe you have got an idea, what could be the problem.
> I would be very glad about that.
> Thank you in advance!

Do you use an actual sky_sphere, a very large sphere, or some sky_sphere
generating macro?
The sky_sphere is a background feature and don't have any inside.
A very large sphere definetely have an inside, and everything in the
scene is inside that sphere. You need to add hollow or inverse to that
sphere.
A macro may actualy create a very large sphere. Enclose that macro into
an object statement : object{SkySphereMacro() hollow}

Alain