POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC: A themed Challenge. : Re: TC-RTC: A themed Challenge. Server Time
18 Apr 2024 07:41:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC: A themed Challenge.
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Apr 2016 08:20:47
Message: <571e0b9f$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/24/2016 2:06 AM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> On 22.04.2016 13:51, Stephen wrote:
>
>> We would not mind comments and suggestions
>
> Some random thoughts on this
>
> - Of course, try it, why not

No reason not to. I wanted to see what the reaction would be and if
there were any suggestions.

> - The short topics may need to be interpreted more literally
>    than usual in order for them to make sense in the long topic.
>    Releasing all topics at once could give a bit more flexibility

It would indeed and easier to plan your series.

> - The short topics should be self-contained so that anyone can
>    participate in a single topic only as time allows. It might be
>    good to encourage complete scenes over "object test renders".

That's the problem I can see if you know what the final topic will be.

[Homage to McGonagall] ;)

> - Since participating in the complete set is a longer commitment
>    it might make most sense to split up Challenge 1.

I am not too sure that I follow you.

> Alternatively
>    use a future Challenge 1 topic that incorporates elements from
>    earlier Challenge 2 topics.

This is what I had been thinking of. Maybe incorporating elements from
two of the previous three short (Challenge 2) topics.

--

Regards
     Stephen