POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Make blobby object fade to transparent : Re: Make blobby object fade to transparent Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:53:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make blobby object fade to transparent
From: dick balaska
Date: 12 Apr 2016 13:43:47
Message: <570d33d3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-04-12 12:11, also sprach SecondCup:

> Christ...that worked.

May I suggest,
watch my movie http://www.buckosoft.com/tteoac/
Steal any techniques from the source
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitweb/pov.cgi/?p=tteoac.git
or git clone http://git.buckosoft.com/git/pov/tteoac.git

It seems to me you're following a lot in my footsteps. Sorry I don't
have any awesome .de tutorials, but, so far, your two questions are
answered in my code. (moving a camera, and fade to transparent.)
I'd bet your next stumbling block is something I struggled with years
ago ;) .

Most of my stuff is basic algebra and geometry; I don't grok 4th order
Opus Dei derivatives.  But I can fade to transparent and make a camera's
motion look smooth. :)

There's 5 scenes, ttco, tteo, ttho, ttko, ttfo.  Each scene has a
direct.inc ("I love acting, but what I really want to is direct") which
is where you should poke first.

Oh, here's some scripts to turn a pile of PNGs and a .wav into a movie
with a soundtrack.
git clone http://git.buckosoft.com/git/pov/tteoacScripts.git

Here's two generic tips.
1) Do everything at the origin <0,0,0> and then translate it into
position.  Try to let povray do as much of the heavy math lifting as
possible.  rotate y*90 rotate x*22 is your friend.
2) Reduce every motion to 0..1.  Working with 0..0.4 then 0.4..1.0 is a
pita.  There's a couple of macros in my direct.inc to assist with that.
  Once you do that, then your fade to transparent is a simple calc.
Plus, once you decide that 0.4 seconds is too short of a duration, you
only change one number to 0.5 and it all cascades out.

Good luck, fellow pov animator!
--
dik