POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : output control questions : Re: output control questions Server Time
24 Apr 2024 07:49:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output control questions
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Mar 2016 12:19:52
Message: <56f959a8@news.povray.org>

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:File_Output_Options

> For the latter file, some horrid ncurses stuff is instead sent to
> standard out that gets my putty xterm session into quite the tizzy.
> I eventually discovered the -D option to disable this output and
> saving my xterm the death-throes.  But again,
>
> 2) Why am I geeting ncurses output in one case, but not the other?

   I'm guessing you have compiled POV-Ray without any display support, so
it's using the "text display" on the console, which outputs some sort of
"ascii art".

> I added the +H750 on the first line because the image otherwise
> seemed unnaturally vertically squished.  Not sure why.  Perhaps it's
>  just the nature of the perspective chosen in that environment.  I
> guess I'm not too concerned with that oddity right now.

   It depends on the aspect ratio of the camera on the scene. You should
always first look for the camera for this information, as not all people
uses the default 4/3.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Camera#Aspect_Ratio

--
jaime