POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content : Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 6 Mar 2016 08:04:25
Message: <56dc2ad9@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2016 09:35 AM, Clodo wrote:
 >> To state clearly what you probably know - for non-stereo images -
>> POV-Ray has the spherical built in camera
>
> Sorry Bill P, this was my fault.
> I tested spherical camera some days ago, but caused by an error in my code i
> wrong suppose it is a POV-Ray problem. Sorry again.

No worries. We all stumble when trying something new - and I stumble
more than most! :-)

> I confirm that camera{spherical} without any other parameter (like angle) works
> perfectly with every video player i tested in VR headset. Non-stereo of course.
>
> I still think will be a great improvement if POV-Ray can support side-by-side
> and up-down stereo format out-of-the-box, considering it's now a de-facto
> standard and this kind of render will become common with VR headset upcoming
> market.

I agree.

In the meantime I did find some time and attempted a mesh camera
solution. See the attached POV-Ray file. Please read the header in the
file as there are some quirks with how scenes must be set up and the
resultant image used.

I would normally post such an example in povray.text.scene-files, but I
have no VR headset with which to test. Would you please render, view and
let us know if the result OK or not?

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: