POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Searching the Help file. : Re: Searching the Help file. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:59:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching the Help file.
From: clipka
Date: 23 Feb 2016 21:11:21
Message: <56cd1149$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.02.2016 um 19:02 schrieb Jim Holsenback:

>> I'm going to go ahead and step back from this.
>
> attached is a gzip archive which contains php scripts notes and results
> that show the scope of the problem. no images included to reduce the
> payload of the archive

I'm afraid that to me, who has virtually no PHP experience whatsoever,
the contents of that archive don't give many clues.

First of all, what is the nature of the work to do? I previously had the
impression that it was a matter of modifying the Wiki content to fit an
existing conversion process, but this seems more like modifying an
existing conversion process to fit the Wiki content, right?

But somehow I think I fail to see the actual problem. After all, it
seems to be just a matter of replacing everything that matches
`{{#indexentry:ANY TEXT}}` with `<a name="ndxntry_NUMBER"
id="ndxntry_NUMBER"></a>`, while compiling a list(*) of mappings between
keywords (as specified by the `ANY TEXT` portion) and the respective
replacement hypertext anchors (as given by `ndxntry_NUMBER`).

(* Or so I presume; I haven't been able to identify that generated list
yet. I'd have expected the process to generate a .hhk file, but that
doesn't seem to be the case.)

Analyzing the `ANY TEXT` portion to catch the special cases seems to be
the tricky part, but even that doesn't look too difficult. At present I
only see the `Keyword1|Keyword2|...` and `Keyword, Section` cases that
need handling. The former should be easy: Just generate multiple
separate entries in the mapping file. The latter -- well, that depends
on the format of the file that needs to be generated.

Am I missing something fundamental here?