POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Broken Arrow : Re: Broken Arrow Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:42:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Broken Arrow
From: clipka
Date: 28 Jan 2016 10:11:00
Message: <56aa2f84$1@news.povray.org>
While I've managed to sort out the problem that surfaced on Semaphore,
something's still amiss with the current GitHub master branch: The other
automated Unix build service -- Travis CI -- keeps building binaries
that either fail with "Operation timed out." or even core dump when
trying to render the biscuits test scene. Unfortunately I can't recreate
the problem here.

Can someone please try to give me a hand in recreating and diagnosing
the problem?

Here's an outline of the system Travis CI uses for building:

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS "precise"
Linux 3.13.0-29-generic
autoconf 2.68
automake 1.11.3
gcc 4.6.3-1ubuntu5
ZLib 1.2.3.4
LibPNG 1.2.46
LibJPEG 80
LibTIFF 3.9.5
Boost 1.46
OpenEXR 1.6.1

The code seems to build fine on Semaphore, using the following environment:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS v1601
autoconf 2.69
automake 1.14.1
gcc 4.8
ZLib 1.2.8
LibPNG 1.2.50
LibJPEG 80
LibTIFF 4.0.3
Boost 1.54
OpenEXR 1.6.1

Any Unix users with a bit of time to spare for helping in the
development of POV-Ray, could you please try building the current
POV-Ray master branch on your system, letting me know whether it runs ok
(please include some details on your system)? Thanks a lot!

Anyone experiencing trouble with the build and willing to go the extra
mile, please dig deeper into the matter, and let me know of your
findings. Anything that could be helpful.