POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #1 : Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #1 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #1
From: ingo
Date: 15 Dec 2015 06:12:04
Message: <566ff584$1@news.povray.org>
Op 2015-12-12 om 15:42 schreef clipka:
> The POV-Ray 3.x SDL is, at its core, a language to describe static
> hierarchical data structures in a quite efficient manner, with a
> scripting language bolted on top later to also allow for dynamic
> creation of data.

How much of a "language" does POV-Ray actually need? How bare-bone can a
human readable fast parsing textual interface be? For example, when I
craete scene's in Python I enroll all loops so POV-Ray has not to do it
and the parsing speeds up quite a lot.

Could it work, a bare-bone SDL and a pre-processor in a good scripting
language, so all libraries of that are also usable?

(the pre-processor could then be made to also output other scene formats
OpenGL, WebGL etc)

Ingo