POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up? : Re: Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should Parsing really take that long? How to speed it up?
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Dec 2015 09:17:46
Message: <5661a08a@news.povray.org>
On 12/4/2015 1:59 PM, ILM wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> first of all: some background informations. I not a designer or graphics artist.
> I am working with an simulation software that has an option to export the
> simulation as a video. Therefor it creates 25 pictures per second and saves them
> as .pov.
>
> For me Pov-Ray is a blackbox. I put in the .pov files and get out an .jpg.
>
> My problem is, that scaling up the cpu count of my render machine the pure
> render time decreases. BUT parsing still takes "forever". In my case parsing
> takes about 10 minutes per picture while the render process takes less than a
> minute.
>
> Is this a normal phenomen?
>
> I am using the windows version of pov-ray.
>
> While parsing the console all over shows the following message:
> "Possible Parse Error: PNG input image default gamma handling has changes for
> pre POV-Ray 3.7 scenes; results may diffe from original intention. see the
> documentation for more details."
>
> Would it maybe help even help to stop logging this error to the console every
> time? If yes how can i do this? Or how can I solve the error itself?
>
> Thanks for you help!

Hi and welcome.

It all depends what the scene is, how many objects are in it and what
type of objects. So if you could post one of the files that might help.

Actually you might need to post more than one file if the .pov file
includes other files, meshes and image files.
Which program is exporting the pov file?

Switching off the messages will not speed things up very much, I would
think.

--

Regards
     Stephen