POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Imitated Bricks : Re: Imitated Bricks Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:36:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imitated Bricks
From: clipka
Date: 26 Nov 2015 14:45:37
Message: <56576161$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 19.11.2015 19:13, Melody wrote:
>> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>

>> keep at it mikey,
>> :)
>>
> This very set I had when I was 10 years old, back in 1979! And also the
> LL 918, and, somewhat later, the LL 928 (my younger brother had the LL
> 924)!

Interestingly enough, 891 (442 in the US) was one of just two sets from
the European 1979 generation of space series my brother and I did /not/
own (not counting baseplate sets).

My very first classic space set was the 889 radar vehicle; from that day
on, the percentage of non-space sets among our subsequent new
acquisitions dropped to almost zero, and never recovered.

LL 928 will probably always be my favorite LEGO space set, rivaled only
by 6929 (which we never owned).