POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Forked for VS2015 : Re: Forked for VS2015 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forked for VS2015
From: clipka
Date: 12 Nov 2015 18:54:15
Message: <564526a7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.10.2015 um 06:58 schrieb Dick Balaska:

> [1] I *really* want to get povdos going.  I have a 4 linux box
> renderfarm. My windows box is about 50% faster at povray than those 4
> boxes _combined_. (All praise to whoever added SMP to povray.)

I've just revived the "console" project, which provides a simple console
version of POV-Ray for Windows.

To build it, search the file `windows/povconfig/syspovconfig.h` for the
line reading `// #define _CONSOLE`, and change it to `#define _CONSOLE`,
then build the "console" project instead of the "GUI" project. This will
create a binary named "povconsole64.exe" (presuming you're building the
64-bit non-debug version).

There are a few caveats to it, for instance it doesn't automatically
read any master .ini file, nor will it be able to automatically locate
the default include files, so you'll have to specify some additional
command-line options to work around this. Also, it doesn't seem to do a
good job at guessing how many cores you have, so you may want to use the
"+wt" command-line setting to manually specify the number of threads to use.