POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : free CAD software supporting POV-Ray : Re: free CAD software supporting POV-Ray Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:57:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: free CAD software supporting POV-Ray
From: scott
Date: 3 Jun 2015 11:34:13
Message: <556f1e75$1@news.povray.org>
> looks like there's a free 3D CAD package out there that can generate
> POV-Ray files, yet hasn't gotten any attention in these newsgroups yet
> whatsoever.

Unfortunately it seems to convert all geometry to a mesh before
exporting to POV :-( I was hoping that finally someone had written a
proper POV exporter from CAD data...

As a CAD tool though it looks an excellent introduction and hobby tool.
Perfect for creating those "engineered" type objects (especially with
lots of rounded edges) with the same parametric flexibility that you
have in SDL.