POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : How to "roundify" objects : Re: sorry, it does _not_ solve the problem. ;-( Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:06:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sorry, it does _not_ solve the problem. ;-(
From: Stephen
Date: 20 May 2015 04:17:15
Message: <555c430b$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/2015 08:33, Bill Pragnell wrote:

>>> It does? I've not used it myself but I remember when Bill made it.
>>
>> Sorry… it does _not_.  typo by me.

Good, I was beginning to doubt my sanity. ;-)

> Alas, it was intended to be used on pre-rounded CSG to produce meshes for
> surface perturbation. I mostly use it for making weathered bricks, or boulders.
> Nice to see it wheeled out though :)

I didn't really mean it as a solution for Lars.
I was looking for a memory of macros that was used to distress columns.
When I came across yours. The threads were posted at least five years
ago and Jim Charter's name springs to mind.

> I have never found a satisfactory solution to the general rounding problem.
> Isosurface blobs are good, but isosurfaces take so long to render. Extensive
> macros for CSG, or hand-modelled meshes seem the best value for time vs
> results...

Me too. Either hand made or using Blender.

--

Regards
     Stephen