POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray : Re: Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 May 2015 14:45:15
Message: <5554ed3b$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 May 2015 07:40:34 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 14/05/2015 05:54, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 May 2015 21:56:15 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>

>> I was borrowing a little bit from Cockney Rhyming Slang, but without
>> the slang bit.
>>

> And without the rhyming but as well, as far as I can see. :-)

Well, yeah. The slang is what rhymes, and leaving the slang out leaves
the rhyme out too. :)

> You've got to be careful with Rhyming Slang. It doesn't travel well.
> In Glasgow, for good friend we say China (China plate -> mate).
> When I was working in Australia I called my best friend China much to
> her horror. I am colour blind and had forgotten she was Chinese.

Whoops. :)

>> You could go for something even more current than that - maybe even
>> something that happened late last week. ;)
>>

> If you are talking about our election. I am too gutted to find anything
> remotely funny about the situation. :-(

Completely understood.

>>> He is very funny with old world southern manners and charm.
>>
>> I'll have to check him out.
>>

> He has been on HIGNFY a few times.
> I've not seen a full gig but what I have seen has tickled my fancy.
>
> Here is a clip where he talks about racism
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6CTFwOalc

Nice.  And how did I not know Dominic West was a brit?  I've been
watching The Wire, and not once did it occur to me that he's not an
American.  (Unlike Idris Elba, who I previously knew from Luther)

>>> 1 Corinthians 13
>>
>> You like to plumbum with your chin, don't you? ;)
>>

> LOL Standard response from an old(er) person discussing current popular
> culture.

Heh, I guess my age is starting to show.  Used to be that I was too young
to know what I was talking about, even when I was.  The body is catching
up with the mind, it seems.  Hopefully the mind isn't regressing. ;)

Jim