POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Make fails on install : Re: Make fails on install Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make fails on install
From: clipka
Date: 3 May 2015 03:25:35
Message: <5545cd6f@news.povray.org>
Am 03.05.2015 um 01:49 schrieb Drew:

> The configure step works but then 'make' fails.
>
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

That actually sounds like the configure step did /not/ work (but for
some reason failed to make that fact known to you).

> Could someone tell me how to fix this...

We'd need more information.

What version of POV-Ray are you trying to build?
Did you run the unix/prebuild.sh script?
What information did the ./configure script spit out?
What directory are you trying to run "make" from?

Further down the road we might also need to know what Linux distribution
and version you are running.