POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling with Linux Mint Rebecca : Re: Compiling with Linux Mint Rebecca Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling with Linux Mint Rebecca
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 9 Feb 2015 16:23:49
Message: <54d92565$1@news.povray.org>
Le 09/02/2015 21:25, kolloid a écrit :
> Linux Mint "Rebecca" is based on Ubuntu 14.04. I attempted to compile povray 3.7
> on this platform with very little luck until I found this board.
> After applying all the suggestions that I found (boost related, mainly), the
> generation still failed with a "source/Makefile.in not found" message.
>
> In the output log of unix/prebuild.sh I noticed references to "missing
> subdir-objects" so I edited unix/configure.ac. I noticed that in this file there
> was a macro AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE but it's been commented-out. I reinstated it thus:
>
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([subdir-objects])
>
> substituting the original, around line 169.
>
> This change made all the compilation process work. Looks like this macro is
> needed for later versions of automake. My version is 1.14.1
>
> Hope this helps somebody
> Tom

It might. Which version of povray 3.7 did you get ?
(or where did you get it from ?)

The 3.7-stable is one year old, and it worked at that time. But in the
meantime, they changed automake and its default (someone never heard
about backward compatibility, on the same line as someone at boost never
heard of it either some years ago).

The master branch have that part fixed (and more).