POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Development in POV-Ray : Re: Development in POV-Ray Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:52:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Development in POV-Ray
From: clipka
Date: 19 Jan 2015 12:59:47
Message: <54bd4613$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.01.2015 um 16:45 schrieb bakom:

> I am a beginner in POV-Ray. Is there any area which you want to suggest me to
> start(by which I can enter in developers castle through C programming or using
> three.js, a javascript 3D library ).

POV-Ray is written in C++, so experience with that programming language
is essential if you want to help develop POV-Ray.

You also need to be familiar with POV-Ray to some degree.

Based on your reply, maybe your expertise is actually more useful in
developing utilities, rather than POV-Ray itself? From your web page, I
gather you have done a bit of work on exporting from BRL-Cad to POV-Ray;
such an exporter - and further work on it - might make for a valuable
contribution to the POV-Ray ecosystem in its own right. As far as I
know, there's no other free professional-grade solid-geometry CAD
package with POV-Ray export out there yet.