POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC: Renewed homepage to become operational : Re: TC-RTC: Renewed homepage to become operational Server Time
16 Apr 2024 18:01:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC: Renewed homepage to become operational
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Dec 2014 03:55:44
Message: <54a3ba10@news.povray.org>
On 31/12/2014 08:14, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 31-12-2014 8:14, jhu wrote:
>> Excellent! Although I still think 4 months is a little long for just
>> an image.
>>

> However, since we increased the Challenge from 2 to 4 months, the number
> of uploads have increased proportionally too! It seems that most
> participants need the 4 months to have the time to think about, build,
> and finish an image.

Now with the Second Challenge available. We will be running shorter
Challenges alongside the four month one. That should keep DrNo happy. :-)

Speaking of him and his "roll your own" software. And full credit to
him, for that.
We must remember that it is a "Rendering" challenge not solely a
"Raytracing" one.
Never the less, I am sure we can show a little bias and have a short
code Challenge soon. :-D

What sort of time should be best for that sort of Challenge? Bearing in
mind the the voting period is fixed at two weeks.

--

Regards
     Stephen