POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to render rigid bodies : Re: How to render rigid bodies Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:52:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to render rigid bodies
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Aug 2014 12:36:13
Message: <53fe08fd@news.povray.org>

> "Gfans" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I already knew how to render static meshes, but need to render rigid bodies
>> using Pov-Ray 3.6.
>>
>> I wrote a simulator which exported translations and rotations of all rigid
>> bodies at the end of each simulation step to disk, just don't know how to render
>> running rigid bodies. I googled it but couldn't find useful tutorials on this
>> subject, so any pointers?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gfans
>
> I have no idea what a "running rigid body" could be. May be something is lost in
> translation here. "rigid" means something like "stiff" and "body" can be a
> corpse, but stiff corpses doesn't run (usually). Ok, that's a bit sarcastic, but
> I hope you got my point. I - and I believe others - need more explanation of
> what you really want to do. If you have a reference image please post it (if it
> doesn't work here, use the binary-images section - but usually one can post
> images to the animations section)

   The term rigid body is usually used in physics simulations as to mean
a solid which doesn't deforms, just moves and bounces on other objects.

   I think he means that he does know hoe to render still images, but
not how to render animations. If so, I will point him to:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.7#Making_Animations

--
jaime