POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Possible way(s) to install POV-ray on a cluster : Re: Possible way(s) to install POV-ray on a cluster Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:40:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible way(s) to install POV-ray on a cluster
From: clipka
Date: 17 Aug 2014 11:17:26
Message: <53f0c786$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.08.2014 03:26, schrieb jhu:

>> My personal suggestion would be to use UberPOV, with radiosity sample
>> caching disabled (effectively using stochastic sampling for diffuse
>> illumination), a different random seed on each machine, and letting all
>> machines render the very same complete scene. The resulting images can
>> then be averaged via imageMagick or the like to reduce the noise in the
>> images.
>
> When/will this feature make it into main Povray?

You mean the disabling of the radiosity cache?

I don't have the slightest idea. It quite certainly depends on whether
and when POV-Ray will embrace stochastic rendering in general.
Historically and at present, official POV-Ray prefers to avoid random
noise, but stochastic rendering doesn't fly without.