POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Is anyone working on a distributed / stochastic / Monte Carlo ray-tracing patch for 3.7? : Re: Is anyone working on a distributed / stochastic / Monte Carloray-tracing patch for 3.7? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:02:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is anyone working on a distributed / stochastic / Monte Carloray-tracing patch for 3.7?
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jul 2014 14:45:29
Message: <53cc0e49@news.povray.org>
Am 20.07.2014 19:44, schrieb Nekar Xenos:

> Is anyone working on a distributed / stochastic / Monte Carloray-tracing patch for
3.7?

Distributed raytracing patch: Planned for official POV-Ray; don't hold
your breath though.

Stochastic / Monte Carlo raytracing patch: Maybe UberPOV
(https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV) already offers what you're looking
for; it already uses stochastic rendering for various features. If
stochastic global illumination is what you're after, just drop me a note
and I'll make that happen as well.