POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Xubuntu new install configuration errors : Re: Xubuntu new install configuration errors Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Xubuntu new install configuration errors
From: clipka
Date: 16 Jul 2014 20:29:07
Message: <53c718d3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.07.2014 02:08, schrieb Philstix:
> Ok, I think I've figured it out for myself.
>
> It looks like the POV-Ray installation is fine, but the example scripts are
> faulty in assuming incorrect values for installation directories. I manually
> edited the 'allscene.sh' script to insert the correct paths and it worked.

Well, one could also say that the Ubuntu package is faulty in using an
incorrect installation directory.

So please contact the Ubuntu people nonetheless, as it's their install
package that is inconsistent. (Might turn out that it's our fault after
all, but in that case the Ubuntu guys can probably supply us with
helpful information to fix this.)