POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Further bugs in Makefile : Re: Further bugs in Makefile Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:51:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Further bugs in Makefile
From: clipka
Date: 24 May 2014 19:45:16
Message: <53812f0c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.04.2014 17:47, schrieb Hadmut Danisch:

> And maybe reconsider whether it is really necessary to still support the
> Amiga, but not properly support Linux.

Don't worry, I guess it will be a major hassle to get POV-Ray 3.7 to
compile on an Amiga anyways. For starters, we no longer support any
Amiga build environment.

Actually, the only platform family /really/ well supported is Windows on
the x86 or x64 architecture - which might come as not a big surprise if
you consider that most of the dev team are Windows jockeys, and are not
too familiar with GNU, Posix or even BSD environments & conventions.

Any help in this respect is much appreciated, though pointers to what
needs fixing is only a tiny fraction of the work, and we'd certainly
prefer some hands to actually /do/ the fixing.