POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Quotation Marks Problem with POVRay3_7_Unofficial on Mac Mavericks : Re: Quotation Marks Problem with POVRay3_7_Unofficial on Mac Mavericks Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quotation Marks Problem with POVRay3_7_Unofficial on Mac Mavericks
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 5 May 2014 14:22:16
Message: <5367d6d8$1@news.povray.org>
Le 05/05/2014 18:57, Yvo Smellenbergh nous fit lire :
> "David" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> Can you please tell me what you have selected in "Input Sources" on the
> system Keyboard sytem preferences panel?
>
> I don't see why you get '"' and then '‰' if you use the same key.
> And it only happens after saving the file?
> Nobody ever reported this...

In original message, I saw opening-quote and closing-quote (whereas
povray only wants straight-quote). Can it be related to editor mode or
something like that on Mac ?

If I was to see the same thing on my language, hitting:
#include "foo.inc"
would turns into
#include «foo.inc»
(which is also a no-no for povray)

(yep, I'm French, quotes are different) (and I have no Mac).

The issue is not the fonts, but the encoding (utf8 ?) generated by the "
key. Some smart layer is trying to make that an English text.