POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Help file : Re: Help file Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:38:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help file
From: James Holsenback
Date: 1 May 2014 20:09:00
Message: <5362e21c$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/20/2014 04:03 AM, Mirfaelltkeinerein wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> On 01/28/2014 03:22 AM, Jos leys wrote:
>>> The 3.7 Windows help file seems not te be indexed well. For many words entered
>>> under Index, the search result reverts to the page "3.4 Scene File Elements",
>>> rather than the subject in question.
>>
>> know problem (already reported in p.d.inbuilt) ... feeling a bit like a
>> broken record ;-)
>
> Is there a solution in sight?

As long as I'm not held to specific time-frame, I thought you all would
like to know that I already have a fairly decent start on fixing this
... I'm at least able to find all the tags, now /all/ I have left to do
is turn them into anchors and then generate the subject index page. I
will rant about the placement of some of the tags later, however I will
say that I won't be the one to fix that issue. Perhaps my efforts with
straightening out the subject index will inspire someone to consider
getting involved.