POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : noisy rendering of a polynomial "cube" : Re: noisy rendering of a polynomial "cube" Server Time
18 Apr 2024 01:54:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: noisy rendering of a polynomial "cube"
From: FractRacer
Date: 31 Mar 2014 11:17:06
Message: <533986f2$1@news.povray.org>
Le 31/03/2014 15:16, Lars R. a écrit :
> Problem: The object looks noisy, even with "sturm" enabled. :-(
>
> How can I get a smooth rendering? Is it possible for "poly" objects to
> enforce some "precomputing" or the like?
>
> I rendered with
>
>    -ibutterfly.pov +d +v -p +w800 +h600 +sp8 +ep8 +a0.1 +am2 +r3
>
> it took 3½ minutes, with -a it took 27 seconds but looks very ugly due
> to the noises. :-(
>

> Lars R.

  The noisy look is a combined effect of the filtered color of the
object and the checkered plane which is reflected on and in the object.
If you want no noisy effect here, you have to set filter to 0 or change
the pattern of the plane.

Lionel.

--
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---
Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la
protection avast! Antivirus est active.