POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : current trtcrc ends in april or february? : Re: current trtcrc ends in april or february? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:47:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: current trtcrc ends in april or february?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jan 2014 07:59:33
Message: <52eb9e35$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-1-2014 13:20, Doctor John wrote:
> On 31/01/14 08:25, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Just so.
>>
>> [now, where did I get that expression from?]
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Rudyard Kipling?
>
> <wanders off, kipling> Kiple, kiple, kiple

No (although it may come from there through the author, who knows). It
is an expression much used by the people on the continent Essos (across
from Westeros) in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' by George Martin. A huge
story spread over five huge volumes to date, with two more to be
published in future. I am almost finishing the fifth volume (A Dance
with Dragons) and, although I am rather critical about fantasy in
general, I think this is a major read. The plot is highly elaborate,
inventive, and surprising; the characters' psychology is mostly sound
and necessarily complex; the locations are original and believable.

Probably better known by its HBO series name "Game of Thrones". However,
I always prefer the books over the film, although I have not seen them
in this case and they are reputedly well made.

Thomas