POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Call for test : Re: Call for test Server Time
16 Apr 2024 01:09:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Call for test
From: clipka
Date: 5 Jan 2014 19:14:36
Message: <52c9f56c@news.povray.org>
Am 06.01.2014 00:31, schrieb James Holsenback:
> On 01/05/2014 05:14 PM, clipka wrote:

>>> yep confirmed same problem on the buildbot server (ubuntu/boost 1.53)
>>
>> Did you already do any probing to identify the change responsible?
>>
>> We did have some mkl-related change recently.
>>

> saw that ... #18 correct?
> I added following to my configure run ... LIBS="-lboost_system
> -lboost_thread" --without-libmkl
>
> which effectively by-passes the mkl requirement on the buildbot server
>
> I don't understand adding a requirement (mkl) so the gentoo distribution
> can build only to require other platform(s) to add --without-libmkl clause

I had hoped the author of #18 knew what he was doing, but apparently he
didn't fully. I've thrown the change overboard again now, and
implemented some different changes that I /think/ should be sufficient
to fix the gentoo distro issue.

Learned a lesson today.

Please try again (both master and the hotfix branch).

Please make sure to /not/ use the LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread"
setting for the hotfix branch, as the whole point of that hotfix is to
make configure work reliably without it.