POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : crash when using more than 4Gb memory : Re: crash when using more than 4Gb memory Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:58:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash when using more than 4Gb memory
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 6 Dec 2013 10:04:15
Message: <52a1e76f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 06/12/2013 15:41, fdecomite a écrit :
> Povray 3.7 on Ubuntu crashes as sson as it overpass 4giga of memory use.
> Won't it be possible to release this threshold ?

Can you provide a scene to reproduce ?

Which version of ubuntu ?

(IIRC, I went past the 4giga without problem in the 3.7RC series)

Have you check that your ulimit is not set to kill any process that use
more than 4 giga of memory ? (ulimit -m)

What is your memory size ?
Do you have a swap enable ?

Is povray on your system a 32 bits or 64 bits application ? Is your
system a 32 or 64 bits ?

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.