POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compiling UberPOV on MacOSX : Re: Compiling UberPOV on MacOSX Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:58:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling UberPOV on MacOSX
From: clipka
Date: 4 Dec 2013 05:59:24
Message: <529f0b0c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.12.2013 11:39, schrieb Bill Pragnell:
>> Am 03.12.2013 12:40, schrieb Yvo Smellenbergh:
>>
>>> I compiled both, gui and command line version of UberPOV f I have time I
>>> Iwill upload UberPOV beta 3 for mac later today after work. If time
>>> Ipermits.
>>
>> :-D
>>
>> Thanks, once again, for your faithful catering to the Mac-affine wing of
>> the POV-Ray community!
>
> Seconded, that's amazing, thanks! I shall try it out tonight.

I'd also like to kindly ask you to try compiling from this version:

https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV/archive/feature/osx-support.zip

It's supposed to build fine(*) on OS X now, but I need a guinea pig to
actually try it ;-)

(* except for the boost thing. You'll still need to add
LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread" to the ./configure command to get
around that one; but that's not a Mac-specific issue.)