POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available : Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:48:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available
From: clipka
Date: 2 Dec 2013 17:56:56
Message: <529d1038@news.povray.org>
Am 02.12.2013 09:04, schrieb Ive:
> visit
>
> http://www.lilysoft.org/CGI/SR/Spectral%20Render.htm
>
> for additions and changes, have fun

The images look great, I particularly like the one with the colored
wine(?) glasses.

How are you addressing the problem of synthesizing spectra from RGB values?

One thought: Shouldn't it be possible to support image maps by wrapping
them in a pigment function? It'll still be synthesized from RGB, but
better than no support at all (or so I think).

Oh, and one more thing: I understand that you have the necessary
equipment to measure materials' spectra. Would you mind providing a few
selected plastic materials like, say... LEGO bricks? (both opaque and
transparent, please) ;-)