POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Error building POV-Ray 3.7 on Linux (Debian Testing) : Re: Error building POV-Ray 3.7 on Linux (Debian Testing) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:06:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error building POV-Ray 3.7 on Linux (Debian Testing)
From: clipka
Date: 21 Nov 2013 08:42:59
Message: <528e0de3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.11.2013 13:56, schrieb James Holsenback:
> On 11/21/2013 07:46 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
>>>
>>> Am I correctly infering from the subject line that you are running a
>>> non-stable version of Linux?
>>>
>>> It seems to me that the autoconf tool suite has some backward
>>> compatibility issues. Which, if I may say so, is /not/ the best thing
>>> that can happen with a tool that was designed to /solve/ compatibility
>>> issues...
>>
>> indeed those warnings are part of the landscape but shouldn't stop
>> things (as the user indicated) ... look further down in the original
>> post and see the missing Makefile.in problem that I was having .... I
>> think user should pull again using git (unless your updates flowed into
>> the zip download)
>>

> LOL ... knew it was going to happen eventually. I think the colour.ccp
> issue needs to flow to the /povray/ github as well

Nope - the missing Makefile.in is just an indication that /something/
tore up the generation of said file. The duplicate file thing generates
a particular message much earlier, which isn't there in this case, so
something else must be going wrong.

Besides, the povray github doesn't even have the duplicate files yet.