POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : First official beta of UberPOV : Re: First official beta of UberPOV Server Time
23 Apr 2024 08:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First official beta of UberPOV
From: clipka
Date: 20 Nov 2013 19:40:19
Message: <528d5673$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.11.2013 23:40, schrieb James Holsenback:
> On 11/20/2013 12:10 PM, clipka wrote:
>> First official (beta) release of UberPOV is now available at:
>>
>> https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV/tree/v1.37.0.0-beta.1
>>
>> Windows binaries are now available as well. Just copy the uberpov*.exe
>> beside your pvengine*.exe.
>>
>> Happy POVing!
>
> I had some problems with Makefile.in(s). first in ~uberpov/unix while
> running prebuild.sh then during configure phase ...  this time
> ~uberpov/vfe/Makefile.in and ~uberpov/source/Makefile.in are problems.

Looks like autoconf hates you when two .cpp files in the project have
the same name, even if they're in different directories. In this case it
is "backend/colour/colour.cpp" and the newly added "base/colour.cpp".

I definitely need to do something about it, or the problem will also
surface in POV-Ray proper (same change there, except that it hasn't made
it into the Git repo yet).