POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : First official beta of UberPOV : Re: First official beta of UberPOV Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First official beta of UberPOV
From: clipka
Date: 20 Nov 2013 18:17:10
Message: <528d42f6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.11.2013 23:40, schrieb James Holsenback:
> On 11/20/2013 12:10 PM, clipka wrote:
>> First official (beta) release of UberPOV is now available at:
>>
>> https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV/tree/v1.37.0.0-beta.1
>>
>> Windows binaries are now available as well. Just copy the uberpov*.exe
>> beside your pvengine*.exe.
>>
>> Happy POVing!
>
> I had some problems with Makefile.in(s). first in ~uberpov/unix while
> running prebuild.sh then during configure phase ...  this time
> ~uberpov/vfe/Makefile.in and ~uberpov/source/Makefile.in are problems.

Can you specify "some problems"?

> I ended up getting those files from my povray git build directory and got
> a good configure ... or so I thought. make halts right away with the
> following:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `disp_sdl.cpp', needed by `disp_sdl.o'.
>   Stop.

The files generated by POV-Ray's ./prebuild.sh won't cut it, due to
various differences related to the project name. IIRC some of them were
inevitable to make autoconf happy with the different project name.

> oh ... ~unix/prebuild clean doesn't seem to be working either

 From what I can tell, prebuild.sh calls the generated makefiles for
some part of the cleanup job, so I'm not too surprised there either.

As I'm not really a Linux jockey I'd be happy about any help I can get
for sorting out those problems you experience.