POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Some mistake in reference 3.4.4.1.2 spotlight section : Re: Some mistake in reference 3.4.4.1.2 spotlight section Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some mistake in reference 3.4.4.1.2 spotlight section
From: James Holsenback
Date: 19 Nov 2013 07:52:50
Message: <528b5f22@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2013 04:50 AM, And wrote:
> I found some probable mistake in POV-Ray reference document at spotlight
> section:
>
> 1. The sentence which is just two column before the light intensity multiplier
> diagram states that
> "The values for the radius, and tightness parameters are half the opening angles
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^
>   of the corresponding cones, both angles have to be smaller than 90 degrees."
> which tightness should be replaced by falloff.

yes I think this is just a typo ... i'll change it

> Another flaw is that it say both
> angles have to be smaller than 90 degrees but I saw POV-Ray 3.7 can give an
> angle more than 90 degrees in that term.

true enough angles greater than 90 degrees /are/ excepted ... i'm
wondering if /have/ in the above sentence ought to be /should/

> 2. The description for the forth diagram in this section "To give the tightness
> value full control over the spotlight's appearance use radius 0 falloff 90. As
> you can see from the figure below." should be correct. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I think that is radius 90 falloff 90 for the diagram.

i played around with this (quickly) and it doesn't seem to make a
difference if it's 0 or 90

anyone else have a moment to add a bit of clarity before i decide whats
needs to be changed?