POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : how to compile and run .pov through console : Re: how to compile and run .pov through console Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:58:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to compile and run .pov through console
From: clipka
Date: 9 Nov 2013 12:38:54
Message: <527e732e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.10.2013 15:31, schrieb Christian Froeschlin:
> Alain wrote:
>
>> The Windows version of POV-Ray will always display the editor. There
>> is NO switch to prevent that.
>
> As far as I understand this is to prevent another application from
> easily incorporating POV-Ray without acknowledgement or credit, while
> still supporting such use.

That's what I heard, too, and the old POV-Ray license explicitly forbade
releasing a patch to suppress that part of the code.

However, with POV-Ray 3.7.0 now released under the AGPL, that
restriction is gone for good, and we can probably expect future versions
to provide a "silent" mode - either as an official feature, or at least
as an unofficial patch.