POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How do I make a torch shine? : Re: How do I make a torch shine? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I make a torch shine?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 5 Oct 2013 15:55:36
Message: <52506eb8$1@news.povray.org>
Note this newsgroup is for Windows-specific questions
(e.g. GUI, installation, command line parameters), you
might find more help in povray.newusers

> The only problem is: How can I make a torch shine or how should I define the
> light source?

some pointers:

to make an object glow by itself in 3.6: Increase ambient in texture

to make an object glow by itself in 3.7 RC: Increase emission in texture

In both cases this will make the object appear bright. However,
it will not only illuminate its surroundings unless "radiosity" is
activated.  An alternative is to define a "light_source" at the position
where the torch should emit light. If the light source is within the
object you need to add "no_shadow" to the object so the light
can actually get out.