POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV-Tree: some (advanced?) recommendations : Re: POV-Tree: some (advanced?) recommendations Server Time
16 Apr 2024 01:57:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree: some (advanced?) recommendations
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 May 2013 03:03:44
Message: <51987950@news.povray.org>
On 19-5-2013 2:17, Kenneth wrote:
> Thanks for your investigation into this. I haven't used POV-Tree yet, but it's
> on my to-do list. Your recommendations will be useful.
>
> I assume(?) that Gena is no longer actively updating the program. Do you have a
> link to the 'latest' version? I did a web search and I can't tell which is the
> latest one. v1.5?

Latest version seems to be 1.5b, assuming I have the latest version of
course ;-)

A pity that Gena is not actively involved into this anymore. There are a
number of improvements and bug fixes needed and - especially - a planned
mesh2 export which never saw the light.

Otherwise, POV-Tree is a nice tool which gives fairly good results,
especially as CSG output, which is the old TomTree macro by Tom Aust.
For close ups however, the mesh export is average imo, even with higher
resolutions. With higher memory usage the app becomes rather unstable too.

Thomas