POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Help file searching, oddity. : Re: Help file searching, oddity. Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help file searching, oddity.
From: James Holsenback
Date: 17 May 2013 11:33:15
Message: <51964dbb$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/17/2013 07:03 AM, Stephen wrote:
> This may be due to my system and setup (Win7 64 bit). But in the help file:

> enter. I get a list of keywords below it and a list in the RHS window
> (okay so far). If I click on, say, adc_bailout in the RHS window. I get
> the entry for it displayed with the header at the top of the screen.
> If I double click on it in the LHS window the display goes to the header
> for 3.4.1 Global Settings.

> click on aa_level in the LHS window nothing happens. Nor does anything
> happen for the next two entries, to absorption.  Double clicking on

> just below it. But
>
> I could go on. (I often do ;-) )
>
> BTW the help for 3.6.2 does something similar.
>
> The fact that I have not seen anyone mention this makes me suspicious
> that it is something to do with my system. If that is so what can I do?
>
> Oops! there is an entry from JamesB7271 on 11th of March 2012.

well i think this is partially due to the reference section
reorganization ... also <indexentry> tags that weren't in the proper
place since whenever. previously with the more linear lay-out the
<indexentry> the tag could appear in the section just before the /real/
landing place so you wouldn't have to scroll up slightly to be at the
beginning of the target section. the re-org was done hastily in that
when the section was moved, care wasn't taken to make sure that the tag
was also moved. having said all that i /have/ fixed those problems as
i've came across them, but have postponed the herculean task to ferret
out /all/ of the problematic tags